My son Cameron loves Fettucine Alfredo. I didn’t start making this very often until our oldest son Ryan left home because Ryan hates cheese! Once Cameron became an only child, he requested this meal often and even learned to make it on his own. Like Cameron, I love Fettucine Alfredo, and this is one of the best I have ever tasted!
1/2 cup butter
1 pint heavy cream
1 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese (best quality you can afford)
1 lb box fettucine prepared as directed
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter, then stir in heavy cream.
2. Season with garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne
3. Simmer for 20 – 30 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick
4. Remove form heat and stir in cheese
5. Stir over hot fettuccine noodles
Note: Make sure your cheese is grated and not shredded ; it won’t melt properly if shredded. Also, if your sauce seems thin, cook it longer.