This recipe comes to me from my mom and the recipe card that it is written on is so old that I can barely read it. I’m happy to get it into digital format!
A couple of cookie hints: Use the best quality cookie pans you can afford, and take the cookies out before they are completely done. They will continue to cook as they cool. I find many people over cook their cookies which results in a hard, dry cookie.
1 c shortening
1 1/2 c sugar
2 3/4 c flour
1 tsp almond extract
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbs sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Cream shortening, sugar and eggs.
2. combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, stir together and then add to shortening mixture.
3. Mix on medium speed until well blended.
4. Chill dough and then roll into walnut size balls
5. Mix sugar and cinnamon
6. Roll each ball into sugar and cinnamon mixture
7. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes