This is a very easy, low-carb dish that is perfect for Atkins, South Beach or Weight Watchers. It is a copy cat of the Monterrey Chicken served at Chilis. At the Hughey house, we serve it with a large salad and call it a meal!
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 Tbs barbecue sauce
6 slices crisp bacon crumbled up
1 cup Monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (I never use pre-shredded cheese!)
Garnish: diced tomato, green onion tops
1. Pound chicken breast until it is somewhat flattened, and season with salt and pepper.
2. Spray Pam in a nonstick skillet, and cook chicken breast until it is done. (Don’t over cook because you will be finishing this off in the broiler. Over cooking will result in tough chicken!)
3. Transfer to a cookie sheet
4. Brush chicken breasts with BBQ sauce and then top with cheese, onions and diced tomatoes (optional)
5. Broil chicken breast in the oven to melt cheese. (I broil it until the cheese starts to bubble just a little bit)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Jalapenos (sherriinthesault.wordpress.com)