This recipe is one of those great recipes that you can whip up in a hurry if you make sure you always have these ingredients on hand. I’ve taken this to pot lucks, funerals, and have fixed it many times when my extended family comes to New Braunfels to visit. My nephews, Edward and Alec love this casserole when I serve it to them with a Ceasar Salad on the side.
1 lb seasoned taco meat (use your own favorite seasoning or a packet)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can enchilada sauce (size is up to your personal taste)
1 4 oz can of chopped green chilis
8 oz of shredded cheddar and monterey jack
6 – 8 corn tortillas torn into pieces
1. Prepare taco meat
2. Pour in the soup, enchilada sauce, and green chilis. Mix well with the taco meat.
3. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with Pam and then place a layer of the torn tortillas in the dish.
4. Top the tortillas with the meat mixture
5. Sprinkle half the cheese onto the meat
6. Repeat process ending with cheese
7. Bake at 350 until bubbly (about 20-25 minutes)