Here is a great weeknight meal that I made often when my children were younger. It is easy to throw together and has all the flavors kids love. It is also great if you ever need to take something to a potluck. I cringe when I read all of the processed foods in this recipe and I’d probably have to revamp it if I made it these days, but for a busy mom, I think it is a great dish as long as you don’t serve it too often!
1 lb chicken breast, cooked and chopped up
1 16 oz pkg thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 15 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 15 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 lb velveeta sliced for easier melting
1. Boil chicken until done. Cool and chop up. Reserve 2 cups of liquid
2. Sautee vegetables in butter until limp.
3. Add soups and 1 cup of reserved broth. Stir well and add velvettea and more broth if needed to make a smooth consistancy.
4. Simmer on low until cheese is melted. Do not burn!
5. Break spaghetti into pieces and cook according to pkg directions
6. In large pot combine cooked spaghetti, sauce and chicken. Mix well
7. Pour into a 9 x 13 pan and bake 20 minutes until bubbly