This recipe is one reason why I am completely in love with the South Beach Way of Living. The food you get to eat is so delicious that you never miss the sugar or the starches that you aren’t eating. This is a little pricey for a big family, but it is perfect for a special occasion and easy enough for a weeknight meal.
4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (about 1 inch thick)
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
2 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise (I usually use Campari tomatoes)
2 green onions
2 tbs red wine vinegar
2 tsp bottled minced garlic
1 tbs commercial pesto
1. prepare grill
2. Sprinkle steaks with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper
3. Combine the rest of the salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, zucchini, and next 5 ingredients in a large zip lock bag. Seal and shake to coat.
4. Place the tenderloin steaks on grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
5. Place the zucchini and yellow squash on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray and cook 3 minutes on each side or until tender. Place the tomato and onions on grill rack or broiler pan and cook 2 minutes.
6. Coarsely chop the vegetables, and place in a bowl. Add pesto, stir gently and serve with steaks.
Calories: 245 for 1 steak and 1/4 of the vegetables, Fat: 10 grams, Carb: 10.4 g, Fiber 4.1 g