Geoff and I made this dish at least once a week last year while we were on the
South Beach diet. We served it with a side of broccoli and no pasta. We still make it frequently because it is a perfect weeknight meal that will be ready in less than 30 minutes.
1/2 cup Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs
1/4 up graded parmesan cheese
1 pkg chicken breast (about 1.5 lbs)
1 cup buttermilk
3 Tbs oil
2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
8 ounces of spaghetti, freshlycooked and drained
1. Place chicken breasts into a ziploc bag and pound to flatten to an even thickness. Cut the breasts in half.
2. Mix bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese. Dip chicken in buttermilk, then bread crumbs to coat.
3. Heat oil in a medium-size skillet. Add chicken and cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until browned. Remove from skillet; pour off fat.
3. Add pasta sauce. Bring to a boil, add chicken, reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in midddle.
4. Top chicken with mozarella cheese. Cover and heat until melted. Serve with spaghetti (or broccoli!)