I made these little guys for Super Bowl Sunday. I was looking for a low carb snack and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly. The peppers were not hot at all and were balanced out nicely by the cream cheese mixture. Jessica, who will not normally eat jalapeno peppers loved these!
1 16 oz pkg regular breakfast sausage
1 8 oz packages cream cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1. Cut stems off and slice jalapenos lengthwise in half. Remove seeds.
2. Heat oven to 375. Brown sausage, crumbling while cooking; drain.
3. Combine cooked sausage, cream cheese, parmesan cheese and garlic salt in a mixing bowl.
4. Stuff each jalapeno with sausage mixture.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the tops are browned and jalapenos are cooked and soft.