Here is a great week night recipe that you can use for Pork, Chicken, or Fish.
- 4 -3/4 to 1” thick, boneless pork chops (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Vegetable oil
- In a large skillet, add vegetable oil to a depth of 1/4 inch and place over medium heat while you prepare the chops.
- In a pie plate or shallow bowl, combine all seasonings.
- In a separate pie plate or shallow bowl, pour melted butter. Dredge each pork chops in butter on both sides, then press each side into seasoning mixture before placing in hot oil.
- Repeat with remaining chops. Cook in oil until each side is dark and crusty, about 3-4 minutes, then turn and repeat with opposite side and continue cooking until pork is no longer pink in the center, another 4-5minutes.
- Remove cooked pork chops and allow to drain on paper towel lined plate. Serve hot.