This is my family’s favorite Green Bean recipe. It is easy to make. The secret is in the bacon grease and chopped bacon!
1 3/4 lbs fresh green beans with ends trimmed
1/4 c water
8 Bacon Slices
5 Green onions chopped
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
- Place beans and 1/4 cup water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and pierce plastic wrap with a fork. Microwave at HIGH 4 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge green beans into ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain well, and set aside.
- Cook chopped bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in a small bowl. Discard remaining drippings. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Sauté green onions in skillet in hot reserved drippings over medium-high heat 1 minute. Stir in green beans, salt, and pepper; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in bacon.
These potatoes make your entire house smell wonderful while they cook. I keep fresh rosemary growing year round so that I can have these potatoes whenever I want! They are super duper easy to make and go well with any kind of meat.
2 lbs red potatoes
3 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
1-2 Tbs Chopped Fresh Rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil and then spray with cooking spray
3. Slice potatoes in half and wash. Drain well
4. Mix the oil, salt, black pepper, and rosemary in a large bowl.
5. Add potatoes and toss with the oil mixture
6. Spread potatoes onto cookie sheet.
7. Cook 25-30 minutes until browned
This rice is amazing. Better than any Spanish rice you will ever get in a restaurant. Many of my Hispanic friends are surpised that I know how to make rice that tastes as good as their mamas, and immedietely want to know where I learned to make this rice. My son, Ryan, especially loves this rice
2 Tbs Bacon grease
1/2 to 1 c. chopped onion (optional)
2 cups rice
4 Tbs of Knorr Brand Caldo de Tomate (found in soup aisle)
4 cups of water
1. Brown rice and onion in hot grease until rice is very brown (almost burned). You must stir constantly
2. Mix together the Caldo de Tomate and water
3. Pour Water mixture into browned rice, bring to boil, then turn heat down to medium low and cook covered for 20 minutes. DO NOT STIR!